Happy New Year to all! It's that time of year for introspection and reflection. How will you grow this year?
As promised... for Carnival of HR I'm hosting "HR Resolutions" from around the globe. These are various blog posts that speak about new trends, past mistakes, and a call to action from our HR colleagues. Enjoy.
- From Leena Thampen at Wagepoint a post about:
What are your HR resolutions for 2014?
She gives three insightful and practical resolutions to start us off this New Year. (And my prediction of the new buzz word in 2014: holacracy!)
- Did Chip Lauman with HireVue get his predictions right in 2013? Find out with his post on WeKnowNext.com:
A Look Back and 2013 and Predictions for the Year Ahead
Hiring Veterans and the manufacturing industry makes a come back, I think Chip hit the nail on the proverbial head!
- From Dan McCartthy read about the ways to complete your goals from Great Leadership:
How to Make Sure to Achieve Your 2014 Leadership Goals
Dan give a two step process to make sure you finish what you start in 2014.
- Get pumped up with Ian Welsh from HR Toolbox about:
HR Resolutions 2014: Be Strong! Be Relevant! Be Human!
Know the difference between individual resolutions versus functional improvement.
- Jennifer Payne offers us some advice on WomenofHR.com:
My New Year's Wish - HR New Year's Resolutions
Focus on learning the business, remember it's about people, and get techy.
- In stark contrast Anita Lettink with Visions for HR offers not a resolution but HR Trends:
HR Trends 2014 - maybe not...
A great timeline of tweets for HR Trends for 2014. Sweet.
- And lastly Julie Giulioni offers as a way to plan our resolutions:
Pre-solution: The Forgotten Step Before Resolutions Can Take Hold
Reflection on our motivations for the past year help us to plan for the new.